Following a concussion, a brief period of rest is recommended for the first 24-48 hours and then the individual is encouraged to become gradually active while staying below their cognitive and physical symptom exacerbation thresholds. At Toronto Brain Health, we provide education and guidance to individuals dealing with the acute effects of a recent concussion as well as to those who continue to experience symptoms beyond the natural recovery period, referred to as concussion with persistent symptoms or post-concussion syndrome. Treatment following an acute or recent concussion typically comprises one or two sessions which include initial consultation, education and guidance to optimize recovery. For individuals experiencing persistent symptoms, treatment duration and approach depends on the nature and extent of symptoms. We offer individually tailored interventions to each person. We also provide guidance and referral to other disciplines to assist you in building your gold standard treatment team.
Design & Home Care Services
Education and overall concussion management / guidance
- Biopsychosocial approach to the treatment of chronic pain / physical symptoms (e.g., headaches, light/sound sensitivities), in conjunction with physiotherapy and neurology at other clinics or programs.
- Treatment of anxiety, depression, irritability, trauma, sleep problems, symptom preoccupation, low stress tolerance.
- Cognitive exertion training and cognitive rehabilitation (attention, memory etc.) if indicated.
- Return to work/school planning, hardening and guidance.
- Many of our psychologists provide services under the WSIB Community Mental Health Program, insurer benefit plans and auto insurance for motor vehicle accidents.
To provide you with an all-in-one solution for your home. We have simplified the way you manage your renovations and house maintenance by becoming your single point of contact.