Toronto Brain Health is a psychology practice serving adults aged 18 years and older. We provide assessment and treatment for concussion, moderate-to-severe or acquired brain injury, ADHD, psychological conditions, age-related changes, and early dementia. We also accept third-party referrals and conduct independent medical examinations. We are committed to providing high quality, compassionate, evidence-based services.
Our work environment is warm and collegial. We are located in a beautiful corner unit on the top floor of the Domo Center. In the warmer months our team enjoys lunches, breaks and socials on our rooftop patio/ garden. We offer healthy (and not so healthy) snacks as well as tea, coffee, and hot chocolate. We are in North York near major highways and a 3-minute walk from Sheppard West subway. There is paid parking onsite.
About the role:
Reporting directly to the two clinic directors, the administrator / intake coordinator is integral to both our client services and to the smooth operation of our business. As the primary point of contact for prospective clients, the administrator/ intake coordinator is responsible for overseeing and administering the intake process, from completing new client screens, facilitating client-psychologist assignment based on fit, booking appointments, and managing the waitlist. The ideal candidate is a seasoned, motivated, and organized individual with a customer satisfaction focus. The role further includes provision of administrative support in many aspects of business operation, and tag teaming with the other administrator/ intake coordinator to cover off clinic processes.
Position: Administrator / Intake coordinator, part-time, hybrid.
Work hours / week: M – F; 20 hrs; morning or late afternoon shifts available.
Pay: $21 – 24/ hr.
- Manage incoming referrals via phone, email, fax, and website.
- Conduct intake screenings of new clients to gather relevant information and assess their needs.
- In consultation with the clinic directors, optimize caseloads for psychologists based on their availability, areas of practice, and the specific needs of clients.
- Generate new ideas to optimize intake processes, systems, templates, and office administration.
- Track intake metrics and provide regular reports to the clinic directors.
- Manage incoming assessment referrals, scheduling, and maintaining communication with third-party referral sources.
- Ensure excellent customer service throughout with professionalism, prompt replies, and proactively responding to and resolving client concerns.
- Promote a positive and accepting work environment.
- Troubleshoot and test software systems that support intake processes and initial client appointments.
- Maintain and update digital client files with incoming documents and communications.
- Assist in compiling clinical notes and records for third party records requests.
- Assist our accounting/ billing clerk, if needed, in the collection of outstanding payments.
- Assist our accounting/ billing clerk, if needed, in HCAI administration, including submission of billing and receivables to insurance companies.
- Process online service payments and send invoices to clients.
- Assist psychologists with administrative needs including faxing reports, correspondence, and invoices, to referral sources.
- Take inventory of and order office and clinical supplies.
- Maintain professional appearance of the office.
- College diploma in medical administration or a related field or undergraduate degree.
- Minimum 3 years of experience as an intake coordinator and/or in client care preferably in a health-related or psychology clinic.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in administrative role.
- Excellent computer software knowledge (MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams, patient management software, PDF editors), ability to troubleshoot and learn new programs quickly.
- Experience in customer service and/or a high-pressure, multitasking, competing deadlines environment.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and act independently using sound judgement as well as accepting direction or seeking guidance when needed.
- Good interpersonal skills, with tact and discretion in dealing with arising sensitive and confidential matters.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High degree of professionalism, courteous, warm, and patient manner toward clients.
- Maintain and handle personal health information in a confidential way and in accordance with provincial regulations.
- Perform duties with the highest level of confidentiality and integrity.
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail.
- Criminal record check
• Current / prior experience in an administrative and/ or intake coordinator role at a psychology practice.
• Experience working with mental health populations.
• Experience with Owl Practice.
Interested candidates are encouraged to send a cover letter and curriculum vitae addressed to Drs. Svoboda and Lombardi at firstname.lastname@example.org